When starting on PRISTIQ, most people start with a once-daily 50 mg dose. Your doctor may keep you on your starting dose throughout treatment. It’s important to take PRISTIQ exactly as prescribed by your doctor, and to let him or her know about any health conditions you may have. Those health conditions might affect your dose.
- PRISTIQ may be taken with or without food
- Take PRISTIQ at about the same time each day
- Swallow PRISTIQ tablets whole with water. Do not divide, crush, chew, or dissolve PRISTIQ tablets because the tablets are time released
- Do not stop taking PRISTIQ without first talking to your doctor, even if you feel better
It’s important to give PRISTIQ time to work. Everybody responds differently to treatment. It can take several weeks to feel the full benefits of a prescription antidepressant, although some people may start to feel better sooner. Talk to your doctor about how long you should use PRISTIQ. Take PRISTIQ as prescribed for as long as your doctor tells you to.
Whether you’re starting to feel better or looking forward to results, sticking to a routine without skipping a dose could help you see progress.
Do not stop taking PRISTIQ without talking with your doctor first. Stopping an antidepressant medicine, especially suddenly, can cause side effects called discontinuation symptoms. Your doctor may decrease your dose of PRISTIQ slowly to help reduce these side effects.
Some of these side effects may include:
- Abnormal dreams
- Sleeping problems (insomnia)
Talk to your doctor about how long you should use PRISTIQ. Take PRISTIQ as prescribed for as long as your doctor tells you to.
To help you understand how you’re feeling over time, download My Progress Tracker.
It’s important to work with your doctor and ask any questions you may have as you continue treatment with PRISTIQ. Below are a few questions to help start the conversation:
- When will I start to notice progress?
- Are side effects common with PRISTIQ? How long do they last?
- How long will I have to continue taking an antidepressant?
- Is there a way I can save on my prescription for PRISTIQ?
You can print these questions out to bring with you to your next doctor appointment.
Get reminders and motivation with the Moodivator™ app
Work toward your treatment plan goals related to work, social activities, and more.
Get brand-name PRISTIQ for as little as $4 per fill*
With the PRISTIQ $4 Co-pay Card, you may pay less than you would for a generic MDD prescription.*†‡